Randolph Farms is a uniquely built condominium located on the inland waterway in Largo, FL. We are on Indian Rocks Road one mile north of Walsingham. There are only 100 units on 25 acres. The property has numerous oak and palm trees. Randolph Farms has a pool, clubhouse, two tennis courts, and a dock. There are 22 buildings counting the clubhouse. Each of the 21 residential buildings contain four to six units. Unit configurations include two bedroom, three bedroom, and townhouse. The size of the smallest two bedroom is 1500 sq feet. Each unit has a two car garage.
The property that Randolph Farms is built on was originally settled by Capt. John Thomas Lowe and his family in 1859. The Lowe's bought more than 100 acres surrounding the Landing, including the present site of the Anona Methodist Church and Serenity Gardens across Indian Rocks Road.
The Lowe's family retained the property until 1930. Buyers of the Farms then turned it in to citrus groves and a tropical garden. In 1948, Paul Randolph and a partner, Dr.Hugh Ford purchased the property. Randolph and his wife, Eleanor, eventually bought out Dr. Ford and developed the land for breeding horses and raising cattle. Their home is the present Randolph Farms clubhouse. Some of the Randolph's horses became champion show horses and the Farms were noted for their boarding facilities. Horse owners from as far away as Virginia and Tennessee had their horses bred, trained, and boarded here. Many famous horses were stabled here for the Florida winter show circuit.
When Randolph decided it was time to retire in the early 1970s he contacted Lee Dorian, a real estate developer. They struck a deal, it was said, for Dorian to buy and develop the property in such a way as to preserve much of its beauty and character. The Randolph Farms Condominium Association, through its members and Board of Directors, wish to carry on this long heritage of The Farms being one of the most pleasant spots in the Tampa Bay area.